Happy New Year !! ~ 2012 ~
Wow!! Time flies! Just after minutes of countdown, here I am, can’t wait to pen down my very first post of the year!!
Recently, I came across this really good blog on life goals and goals setting. www.getbusylivingblog.com . One of the Author’s personal posts was what he did in 2011 and what he would like to do in 2012. Not just this, lots of his posts are very down to earth and we could all easily relate to. Thumbs up to another great blog discovered in 2012!
Here are some of the most memorable events that happened to me in 2011 and Im also gonna list down stuff that I would really want to achieve in the brand new year at the age of 25!!
1. My little baby niece is born. I am officially an Aunt now at the age of 24. Got to be more sensible now I guess. Couldn’t really understand what role models are until when you have little ones in your family, you begin to really watch and notice your behaviour just in case a wrong benchmark or example is set.
2. Did makeup for 4 very talented young models from Poland, Brazil and Russia. A very good case study for me as well to understand more about Caucasian’s skin types and problem areas. First time collaborating with Calvin Klein. No joke man when you got to settle all 4 models while racing against time. Many thanks to teamwork by Jasmin and Alicia. Without a team, I could hardly make things work.
3. Had my official first car accident, knocking down not one but two Bollards. Trust me, I had totally no idea why I hit it. Was I dreaming? Was it raining heavily? But I am really very thankful to the 6 uncles who helped me lift and pushed my car while I stepped hard onto the accelerator. Thank you kind strangers. Thank God I hit Bollards and not humans. So there u go, behind every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. In this case, i got Bollards as my silver lining , peace!
4. One of my dearest aunt passed away suddenly at midnight due to heart attack. She had been one of the best aunt ever, who boiled the best soup, cared for the family most and having her passed away in 2011 after grandma’s in 2010 was totally unexpected. Losing 2 loved ones in 2 years straight is really something I hope will never happen again. Like the saying goes, Phone calls that are received early mornings or wee hours like after midnight usually hardly bring happy news. So true!
So these are my 2011 huge memoirs.
What about yours?
Last but not least, things that I want to strive and work harder towards are :
1. To learn to listen more than I should speak. The Art of talking is actually listening, don’t you agree?
2. To take care of my health. Health is wealth! To have food poisoning on a New Year Eve today certainly makes this a Number One 2012 resolution. Only when I am healthy will I have the ability to care for others around me.
3. To read more , write more and think more! 2012 is a year to focus sololy on WORK!! Being 25 is a step closer to 30. Don’t wanna wait till 30 to have a turning point. This is the year! To have more dragon courage to do what our gut feeling has always been wanting to.
Lets start planning shall we?